Features of Flash Column and Factors Affecting the Life of Flash Column
Flash columns adopt high-capacity silica gel for precise filling, which has very excellent separation and purification performance. The specific surface area of high-capacity spherical silica gel is 40% higher than that of ordinary spherical silica gel, and the sample loading is twice as much as that of ordinary spherical silica gel.
Flash columns use a smaller size of high – performance silica gel packing, with higher separation performance. Moreover, they are compatible with all kinds of rapid liquid phase preparative chromatography systems and can be used in series.
Features of flash columns
1. Automatic mechanical filling;
2. Good reproducibility;
3. Higher separation degree;
4. Higher pressure resistance;
5. Use less solvent;
6. The chromatographic columns used for separation are smaller, faster, and more economical.
Factors affecting the life of flash columns
1. Heavy metal ions;
2. Mechanical impurities;
3. Some strong adsorption pigments;
4. Some residual solvents affecting the column life.
Generally, flash columns can withstand high pressure, but they cannot withstand the sudden change of high-pressure impact, which will change the volume of column bed and affect column efficiency.