DepuFlash series: Corresponding to silica gel and phase column, C18 (spherical and irregular), C8, NH2, CN, SAX, SCX, Diol, Standard Silica Gel Flash Columns, Spherical Phenyl Flash Column, Irregular C18 Flash Column. They are all domestic fillers for the low-end market.
Other Flash series: Corresponding to silica gel construction and phase column, C18 (spherical inlet and irregular domestic), C4, C8, NH2, CN, HILIC, alumina, and so on. All are imported fillers for the high-end market.
Features of flash column
Flexible module configuration makes it easy to realize system upgrading.
A rapid column and glass column are available.
Detect all ultraviolet rays and visible light.
Column chromatography in chemistry is a convenient way to purify mixtures of compounds. The main advantage of the flash column is the lower cost and disposability of the stationary phase during the process.
Key technical parameters of the HAWACH flash column
Flash columns are commonly used in flash chromatography, a rapid purification technique that allows for the separation of chemical compounds from a mixture. The columns are packed with a stationary phase material, often silica particles with a bonded C18 alkyl chain (referred to as C18 flash columns) for reversed-phase chromatography.
- Material: medical PP pipe column, medical sintered PE sieve plate, imported adsorbent filler
- Stationary phase parameters: matrix type (eg silica gel or polymer); phase and phase-type (eg C18, or CN); particle size (eg 3 um, 5 um);
Uniformity (excellent adsorbent quality), stationary phase (excellent purity quality), and the shape of stationary phase particles (eg irregular or round).
Packing weight: 4mg-33g; different series contain different maximum weights;
Flow rate: 10-100 ml/min;
- Particle Size: The particle size of the stationary phase is a critical parameter affecting the separation efficiency. Smaller particle sizes generally provide higher resolution but may require higher pressure.
- Stationary Phase: C18 is the most common stationary phase used in flash columns for reversed-phase chromatography. It interacts with non-polar and moderately polar compounds.
- Column Dimensions: Flash columns come in various lengths and diameters. The dimensions depend on the sample size and the required purification scale.
- Flow Rate: The flow rate of the mobile phase determines the speed of the separation. It should be compatible with the flash chromatography system being used.
- Load Capacity: The maximum amount of sample that can be loaded onto the column without compromising separation quality is an essential consideration.
- Pressure Limit: Flash chromatography systems have pressure limitations, and the column should be compatible with the maximum pressure your system can handle.
- Solvent Compatibility: Flash columns should be compatible with the solvents used for chromatographic separation.
- Purity and Packing Quality: High-quality flash columns should have consistent and uniform packing to ensure reproducibility and reliable separations.
- Frit Design: Flash columns often have a frit at the bottom to hold the stationary phase in place. The frit design can affect flow distribution and separation performance.
- Sample Volume: The column should be able to accommodate the sample volume required for the purification.
Highlights of flash columns
- Rapid Purification: Flash chromatography allows for fast separations and purification compared to traditional column chromatography.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Flash columns are relatively economical and are a practical option for routine purification tasks.
- Broad Applicability: Flash chromatography is versatile and can be used for a wide range of compounds and sample types.
- Easy to Use: Flash chromatography is relatively simple and can be performed with minimal training.
- Scale-up Compatibility: Many flash column separations can be scaled up to preparative HPLC if needed.
- High Purity: Quality flash columns provide high purity of isolated compounds.
Please note that the specific technical parameters and highlights can vary depending on the manufacturer and the product line. Always refer to the manufacturer’s documentation and specifications for the flash columns you plan to use to ensure proper usage and the best results.
Application of flash column
There are many applications, such as various drug development, sample processing, purification of natural products, and many other aspects.