Description of Empty Flash Columns
Hawach Empty flash columns (solid load cartridges ) are perfect for the application of insoluble sample purification.
Available in size from 4gram to 330gram, all cartridges are made from medical grade PP material and with standard Luer lock connection fittings, same as spherical diol flash columns, it can make sure fitting with most of the flash systems.
Advantages of Empty Flash Columns
- Reusable flash column between batches
- Quickly remove solvents from solid load cartridges
- Loading insertion rod (packing tool of empty columns) available
- The available prepacked or empty columns for different customers need
- The column can be compatible with all normal and reversed-phase solvents.
- The column can help realize perfect peak shape and performance for both acidic and basic compounds
- Full range of column sizes is available for different needs, purifying from milligrams to several grams
HPLC-UV Test of Extractable Species for Empty Flash PP Cartridge and PE Frit
Flash column is commonly used in lab separation of mixture species, the most important properties for the flash column are separation efficiency and low extraction blank level, this experiment is aimed to confirm that Hawach empty flash PP Cartridge and PE frit have no extractable species which could be tested by HPLC-UV.
Fill the empty flash column with 6 ml HPLC grade methanol, methanol/dichloromethane(3:1) mixture solution, and petroleum ether/ethyl acetate(1:1) separately for 24 h, and then test the extraction solvents by HPLC-UV.
Column: C18:250*4.6 mm
Flow rate: 1mL/min
Wavelength: 220 nm
Injection Volume: 20 μL
Analysis Time: 45 min
Mobile Phases: A) Acetonitrile B) Water
Hold 60% A for 10 min
60% to 95% A in 20 min
95% to 100% A in 10 min
As shown in the figure below, we can see that all the curve of extraction solvents has the same shape as that of the blank solvents, and there are no other peaks appearing, meaning that no extractable impurities of Hawach flash column.